Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weird sightings

Okay, I'm sure the intent of this blog wasn't to blast former employers but frankly this had to be said....

So I was browsing Glass Door this evening and found something I simply cannot believe. There apparently is an engineer in Mississauga that is so enamoured with Logitech that he can find absolutely nothing wrong with it - a 5.0 rating!

Either this guy (gal?) likes taking it up the ass, or one of the idiot managers is masquerading as an employee. I suspect the latter, though I will say it is reasonably well-worded.

I really shouldn't be too surprised. I guess I tipped my hand when I blasted the idiot manager about how the evidence on the site indicates a wild discrepancy between the managerial view of things and the engineerial view of things (yeah. engineerial. I just made it up. It's mine.... but you can get a limited license on it for a pint)

I'm sure that if I thought about it I could find a couple of names that might fit the bill, but to be honest, even my so-called arch-nemesis isn't that well-written. Then again, neither are the managers. Still, I smell a rat....
... though it occurs to me that Manny could be having some fun at our expense, but I'm disinclined to believe that one because I think he's more likely to go way, way, waaaaay over the top. Still, that would be pretty funny.
Maybe I'll go in posing as a manager who hates all the engineers with their superiority complexes.... heh

Ah well, I guess I should take solace in the knowledge that "1 of 2 people found my review helpful". I think I'll take credit for the next departure ... hehe

The good news is that I don't have to care anymore, the bad news is that I sort of feel bad for the few smart people that are still there. Then again, if they are smart they won't last long unless someone starts getting their gently caressing© shit together.

By the way... Nice one, Jon. Short and to the point, and apparently helpful.

3 comments:

rigley said...

What makes you think this blog ain't about blasting former employers? I'm pretty sure that was in the charter, somewhere...

grimmjak said...

Well good. Glad I got in the first shot.

grimmjak said...

okay the second shot. Andy was pretty negative, I suppose.